Get the best from your food
The right foods can help you build muscle, improve endurance, and have a happier life. Get some tips from our wellness expert, Jen Feighery
1. Strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges.
2. Blueberries have the highest antioxidant power ORAC - Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity
3. Berries contain many phytonutrients that boost your immune system.
4. Vitamin A, C and E, zinc and selenium disarm free radicals, weakening invaders of your immune system.
5. Sesame seed & Rapeseed oil contain good fat to boost immunity
6. Nuts, seeds, beans and lentils contain both protein and carbohydrate and are therefore good anti stress foods,
7. Eating some protein with carbohydrates provides reduces the stimulation of cortisol. So if you are stressed out, eat your fruit with some nuts or brown rice with fish.
8. Fast releasing sugar creates a state of stress in the body which stimulates the release of cortisol. Excess cortisol release causes fat around the mid section. Avoid eating white bread, sweets, and high sugar breakfast cereals. Slow releasing carbohydrates on the other hand provide an even keel of consistent energy.